Who can enroll?
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any major and a 2.5 GPA. Graduating college seniors in their last semester may also enroll.
Do you accept international candidates?
- Yes. Teacherbuilder.com welcomes international candidates that meet general admissions requirements.
What is the difference between Teacher intern and Clinical teacher?
- Teacher Interns serve a probationary year (under a SBEC-issued probationary certificate) as the "teacher of record" and receive all benefits
typically afforded first-year teachers within the school district. Salary schedules and fringe benefits are determined by the employing school district.
- Clinical Teachers serve an unpaid 12 week internship under the guidance of a classroom teacher.
What if my GPA is below 2.5?
- You may still apply to Teacherbuilder.com. After a transcript evaluation and candidate interview, a final decision will be made on a case-by-case basis.
What subject areas can I get certified in?
When can I apply for a position with a school district?
- Candidates may apply after they receive a letter of recommendation. TeacherBuilder.com encourages all its interns to challenge their content exam prior district placement.
Do you offer preparation for interviews?
Can I choose which exam I take?
- Candidates may opt for a particular exam based if:
- You have a minimum of 12 hours in the subject area
- You have a minimum of 15 hours for math and science
What exams do I have to take?
- All candidates must take both Content and PPR exams. Additional exams may be required of specific content areas.
How do I sign up for my exams?
- Candidates must set up an account with ETS. This will allow you to access the testing site and register for test(s).
- You will need your Texas Education Agency (TEA) ID
- Candidates need TBC approval prior to testing.
How do I study for the exams?
- Candidates have access to Teacherbuilder.com’s comprehensive classes and additional study materials.
Who can I contact for technical issues?
Where can I sign up for a probationary certificate?
Candidates must create an account with the Texas Education Agency. Follow these important setup instructions.
- Select “Candidate Participating in Educator Preparation Program” under ‘Application Applying For’
- Once you have set up the account, you will immediately be able to confirm your TEA ID number
Do you work with Troop to Teachers?
- Yes. We work with the Troops to Teachers/Spouse to Teachers program. You can access information about these programs at http://www.proudtoserveagain.com.
- We will provide the Troops to Teachers office with the necessary documentation regarding cost of the TBC Program. You will need to send a request to our office in order to obtain this