Frequently Asked Questions



Who can enroll?

  • Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any major and a 2.5 GPA. Graduating college seniors in their last semester may also enroll.


Do you accept international candidates?

  • Yes. welcomes international candidates that meet general admissions requirements.

What is the difference between Teacher intern and Clinical teacher?

  • Teacher Interns serve a probationary year (under a SBEC-issued probationary certificate) as the "teacher of record" and receive all benefits typically afforded first-year teachers within the school district. Salary schedules and fringe benefits are determined by the employing school district.
  • Clinical Teachers serve an unpaid 12 week internship under the guidance of a classroom teacher.


What if my GPA is below 2.5?

  • You may still apply to After a transcript evaluation and candidate interview, a final decision will be made on a case-by-case basis.


What subject areas can I get certified in?



When can I apply for a position with a school district?

  • Candidates may apply after they receive a letter of recommendation. encourages all its interns to challenge their content exam prior district placement.


Do you offer preparation for interviews?


Can I choose which exam I take?

  • Candidates may opt for a particular exam based if:
    • You have a minimum of 12 hours in the subject area
    • You have a minimum of 15 hours for math and science


What exams do I have to take?

  • All candidates must take both Content and PPR exams. Additional exams may be required of specific content areas.


How do I sign up for my exams?

  • Candidates must set up an account with ETS. This will allow you to access the testing site and register for test(s).
  • You will need your Texas Education Agency (TEA) ID
  • Candidates need TBC approval prior to testing.


How do I study for the exams?

  • Candidates have access to’s comprehensive classes and additional study materials.


Who can I contact for technical issues?



Where can I sign up for a probationary certificate?

  • TEAL login instructions-

Candidates must create an account with the Texas Education Agency. Follow these important setup instructions.

  1. Select “Candidate Participating in Educator Preparation Program” under ‘Application Applying For’
  2. Once you have set up the account, you will immediately be able to confirm your TEA ID number


Do you work with Troop to Teachers?

  • Yes. We work with the Troops to Teachers/Spouse to Teachers program. You can access information about these programs at
  • We will provide the Troops to Teachers office with the necessary documentation regarding cost of the TBC Program. You will need to send a request to our office in order to obtain this information.



Recommend this page on:

Print Print | Sitemap
© Teacher Builder